Paige Alexa Tonks arrived on Tuesday, July 1st at 5:03 PM.
Here is our story:
I went to the doctor the week before to learn that my blood pressure was still on the rise, almost to dangerous levels. Much to my dismay, the doctor convinced me that one way or another the baby needed to come out. We compromised for one week from that day, baby comes out by itself or if not, then baby will come out with a little help. All week long despite episodes of light contractions little Paige was just not quite ready to come. So, on Tuesday morning Cory and I headed to the hospital. After all the paperwork and such we were settled in at about 9:00 in the morning. The doctor came and I asked to just have my water broken to see if that would do the trick. So at about 9:30 in the morning my water was broken. And again to my dismay, nothing really happened. I had light contractions all morning, but wasn't really progressing. Cory and I spent the morning watching a movie, and walking around the hospital. At about one o'clock I decided that thing were becoming ridiculous and that this baby was coming out. So I called the nurse and said "hook me up, let's have a baby." At 1:30 PM I was hooked up to petocin. (which I had been trying to avoid my whole pregnancy.) But now things were starting to progress! Yeh! I called my big sister and she headed to the hospital. Heidi had studied up on HypnoBirthing and had used this method with her first baby. She was going to coach me along through labor. She arrived and things started to happen. I used a deep breathing technique throughout labor that kept me in control and helped my to relax and allowed my body to do what it is suppose to do. My labor progressed quite rapidly and at about 4 PM I felt that things were starting to come to a close. We called mom, who was going to also witness the birth. She arrived about a quarter to five. Baby came fast, I had a couple of really hard contractions and the baby descended and crowned. And then I was pushing. The doctor wasn't there yet, and the nurse kept telling me to hold it, and not push. I could not! She actually held the baby in during a contraction, meanwhile I was telling her to just catch the baby!!! The doctor did finally arrived just in time to catch baby Paige on her way out!! 5:03 PM she joined us!! She was so beautiful and so sweet! I held her right away and still can't believe that she is our little girl! The miracle of life is definitely a gift from a heavenly father that loves us!!!!!!! I am so thankful that he has trusted us with this perfect little gift. Paige was 7 lbs 12 ounces and 19 inches long. She is the spitting image of Ashlee, in fact for a few days, I couldn't help but think that I was looking at Ashlee all over again!
Welcome to the world baby Paige!
The kids were in love with her from the first moment they saw her and have been so excited everyday that their little Paige is finally here!
Cory is very proud of his little girl!
Mommy is very excited to enjoy her time with our new little addition. It seems that this newborn stage goes by way too fast. We will be sure to cherish each moment that we have!
8 comments:
YAY! Wow, that was pretty quick. Awesome. I hope mine isn't way long like the first time. So what was it like when you started with the pytocin?
YEAH!!! So glad again that you are all healthy! I love seeing how happy your family makes you.
How cute is she! Congratulations! You guys look great!
I am so glad we finally made it over to see you and the baby. She is so cute! Enjoy these moments they only last for a short time!
I cannot believe they made you hold it when you were using a natural child-birthing method! I'm glad it turned out well. Congrats on everything!
Hooray!! I am so happy for you guys! What a sweet little girl! I hope all is well with your sweet family! :)
Good work, again, Christina! I wish I could hold her. Just know that I'll be thinking of her and hopefully checking in again soon to see more pictures.
this is great! i'm glad you wrote out the story, and thanks for letting us be a part of it! love you tons.
-heidi
Post a Comment